Position Opening – May 2017 Hours – Full time during summer break
Compensation - $13/hour, x1.5 for time over 40 hours per week
Company Overview -
Cheat Road Engineering, Inc. (CRE) offers full engineering services including generating design and construction specifications, preparing bidding and contract documents, preparing construction estimates, and managing projects from conception to closeout following completion of construction. CRE also provides full survey and field inspection services. Our clients range from residential and commercial property owners to industrial and public entities.
Typical Functions of Position
1. Develops, prepares engineering plans and designs for site development and required permits.
2. Accompanies Engineers/Managers to meetings and field assignments to take notes and document them.
3. Researches local, state and federal regulations to ensure designs are compliant with current laws. 4. Assorted errands and tasks as required.
1. Basic understanding of engineering principles and techniques.
2. Basic understanding of equipment and materials used in site development.
3. Ability to apply engineering principles to practical engineering problems.
4. Experience with AutoCAD.
5. Junior or Senior in an ABET accredited Civil Engineering Program. i.e. WVU
CRE workdays typically start at 7:00 am. Interns can expect to work 40 hours per week. The grand majority of projects an intern will work on will be earth grading and site layout. Some erosion and sediment control design and hydrology design work is likely as well. Interns can expect to work on every facet of a project from start to finish including initial meetings, design, permitting, bidding, construction and inspection.
Please email resume to: Trevor Lloyd, P.E., CFM email@example.com
Interviews will be scheduled in March. Selection will be made by April 14, 2017.